February 23, 2007

Proverbs 23

These are the verses i read again which i would love to share with you, my dear friends...
Proverbs 23:4-5
Don't weary yourself trying to get rich.
Why waste your time? For riches can disappear as though they had the wings of a bird!
Proverbs 23:29-34
Who has anguish? Who has sorrow? Who is always fighting? Who is always complaining? Who has unnecessary bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
It is the one who spends long hours in taverns, trying out new drinks.
Don't let the sparkel and smooth taste of wine deceive you.
For in the end it bites like a poisonous serpent; it stings like a viper.
You will see hallucinations, and you will say crazy things.
You will stagger like a sailor tossed at sea, clinging to a swaying mast.
And you will say, "They hit me, but I didn't feel it. I didn't even know it when they beat me up. When will I wake up so I can have another drink?"
May you be blessed with these words from the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment