February 16, 2008

Proverbs 16

I'm reading today's proverbs, the more I read, the more I wish to leave some notes on my blog! :p And tat's why I'm here now..


16: 4 The Lord has made everything for his own purposes, even the wicked for punishment.

Since the Lord has His own purposes on everything, shall we ask Him the right questions: What do you want me to learn in this situation? instead of asking "Why does this happen?"

16: 24 Kind words are like honey---sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.

If you cannot speak kind words, then don't say anything lor.. there is a chinese saying "你唔出聲,冇人會話你啞嘎!"

16:44 We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall.

This reminds me when we like to play card games, such as Phase 10 (a game that I introduced to my friends after a trip to overseas). We are used to say "aiyar.. no luck leh..." or "aduii.. he got all the lucks! tat's why he keep getting the joker cards!!!"

In fact, what is luck? Is there such thing as luck? From this verse 44, it says "but the Lord determines how they fall." God knows everything! He knew who will be the winner and the loser of the game! Why? Because He is the Lord Almighty and He is greater, not controlled by time and history! Can you imagine how great God is? He is greater than time. He knows our past, our current, and our future! Because He is beyond everything... So, why do we still play card games? Why do we still live in this world since He knew everything and He determines everything? I guess that's the fun of life. If we human know everything, then our life have no fun! If we knew that our life will be a rich life, will we still depend on Him and ask His guidance? If we knew that our life will be a difficult life, will we keep on going? It is so amazing!

"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever." (Psalm 16:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment